Spaniards adhere to certain etiquette. Check them out below and be prepared for when you go to Alicante!
- Temperature: The average temperature is 25˚C during the summer months and 14˚C or more during the winter months.
- Time difference: Alicante is 1 hour ahead of GMT.
- Currency: The Euro (EUR).
- Language: Catalan and Spanish. You can also speak English or German in tourist areas.
- Required travel documents: The rules and regulations of travel documents and visa applications change frequently. There can also be different requirements. On the website of the visa service the required and current information is listed.
- Health: Information about the (mandatory) vaccinations change constantly. Current information can be found on Travel Health Pro and NHS or consult your GP surgery.
Food and Drink
Spaniards can eat at around 21.00. As us Brits are not used to this, and often get hungry by 18.00, you might get a few weird looks. Moreover, the restaurant will be dead, so the atmosphere will be terrible.
You do not necessarily have to tip in Spain. Would you like to add something? Then give 5% to 10% of the bill.
Don't forget to bring your adaptor! The plug sockets are European.
Accept that Spaniards are more relaxed with time. They can arrive half and hour later than agreed. So just let go and relax... After all you are on vacation.
Please note that shorts are not appreciated in a museum or church. You need to be especially careful in the churches.