In a big city like Istanbul you can easily get lost or lose someone. There're also some differences between Turkey and the Netherlands. We will give you an overview with important points to keep in mind.
- Temperature: The temperature is approximately 26˚C during the summer and approximately 8˚C during the winter period.
- Time difference: Istanbul is 2 hours ahead of GMT.
- Currency: The Turkish Lira (YTL).
- Language: The languages spoken are Turkish, Armenian, Kurdish and English. The official language is Turkish.
- Required travel documents: The rules and regulations of travel documents and visa applications change frequently. And there can be different requirements. On the website of the visa service the required and current information is listed.
- Health: Information about the (mandatory) vaccinations change constantly. Current information can be found on Travel Health Pro and NHS or consult your GP surgery.