Travelling prepared is always a good idea. That's why we have listed some useful tips for you below.
- Temperature: The average temperature all year around lies between 26 and 30˚C.
- Time difference: Colombo is 4 hours and 30 minutes ahead of GMT during the summer and 5 hours and 30 minutes during the winter.
- Currency: Sri Lankan rupee (LKR).
- Language: Sinhalese, Tamil, English.
- Required travel documents: The rules and regulations of travel documents and visa applications change frequently. And there can be different requirements. On the website of the visa service the required and current information is listed.
- Health: Information about the (mandatory) vaccinations change constantly. Current information can be found on Travel Health Pro and NHS or consult your GP surgery.