Brrrr! Moscow becomes a winter wonderland during the cold winter months. The Red Square, for example, is a must during New Years Eve. But, there are some differences between Moscow and Amsterdam that you have to keep in mind. Check out the overview below before taking off to Moscow!
- Temperature: The temperature is approximately 23°C during the summer months and can drop to -11°C during the winter months.
- Time difference: Moscow is 3 hours ahead of GMT (during the winter).
- Currency: Russian ruble (RUB).
- Language: Russian.
- Required travel documents: The rules and regulations of travel documents and visa applications change frequently. There can also be different requirements. On the website of the visa service the required and current information is listed.
- Health: Information about the (mandatory) vaccinations change constantly. Current information can be found on Travel Health Pro and NHS or consult your GP surgery.