There are certain things in Hong Kong that aren't quite the same as in the Netherlands. We will give you an overview.
- Temperature: The average temperature in Hong Kong is 26˚C all year around. The coldest month is January with a temperature of 14˚C. July is the hottest month with a temperature of 31˚C.
- Time difference: Hong Kong is 7 hours ahead of GMT during the summer months and 8 hours ahead during the winter months.
- Currency: The Hong Kong Dollar (HKD).
- Language: The official languages are English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
- Required travel documents: The rules and regulations of travel documents and visa applications change frequently. And there can be different requirements. On the website of the visa service the required and current information is listed.
- Health: Information about the (mandatory) vaccinations change constantly. Current information can be found on Travel Health Pro and NHS or consult your GP surgery.