Linking Taiwan With The Rest Of The World
China Airlines is Taiwan's national carrier. The airline began operations in the winter of 1959 with a fleet of 3 small aircraft and 26 employees although they were mostly limited to charter flights. Commercial flights within the country began in 1962, and the first international flight connected Taipei with Ho Chi Minh City in 1966. A few years later, the airline began offering trans-Pacific flights to and from North America, and European destinations began to be served in the early 1980s.
Today, China Airlines is the largest airline in the country and one of the world's top ten largest carriers. Moreover, it has received awards for its Business Class amenities, customer service and energy efficiency. As part of the SkyTeam alliance, China Airlines now flies to over 100 destinations in Taiwan, South East Asia, the Asia-Pacific region, Europe, North America and the Middle East.
Flying with China Airlines
- Economy, which includes standard main cabin seats, Family Couch seats (sets of three seats that can be arranged like a couch) and Premium Economy seats (with larger footrests and table space in a dedicated cabin).
- Business Class, which features enclosed seats, HD monitors, generous storage space and a working table along with a special meal and refreshment menu.
Fares are mostly seasonal although there are frequent discounts on early-bird bookings made using the airline's website. Students can also benefit from discounted fares when booking online.
Dynasty Flyer is the airline's loyalty programme. Membership is available in four categories and affords benefits like a dedicated customer service hotline, a higher baggage allowance and discounts on certain domestic flights within Taiwan. More information can be found here: [https://www.china-airlines.com/us/en/member/membership-benefits/Index] in this page.
E-check-in is available on the China Airlines website on international flights only for individual and group bookings of up to nine people. All other passengers must check-in at the airport.
- Checked baggage in Economy class cannot weigh more than 30 kg (66 lbs). In Premium Economy, the weight allowance is increased to 35 kg. For destinations in the Americas, the weight allowance is 2 bags no heavier than 23 kg (50 lbs) each for Economy, and 28 kg (61 lbs) each for Premium Economy.
- Checked baggage in Business Class: total baggage weight cannot exceed 40 kg (88 lbs). Flights to/from the Americas operate a per-piece allowance of 2 bags per passenger, as long as the weight of each bag is not over 32 kg (70 lbs).
- Only one carry-on bag per traveller, irrespective of the ticket class. Weight limit for carry-on baggage is set at 7 kg (15 lbs), and maximum dimensions cannot be larger than 56 x 36 x 23 cm (L x W x H). In addition to a standard carry-on bag, travellers are allowed one personal item (handbag, garment bag, umbrella, duty free purchases, etc.) and a special item if needed (e.g. canes or mobility aids, musical instruments, medical equipment, etc.).
- Full baggage details: [https://www.china-airlines.com/us/en/fly/prepare-for-the-fly/baggage/].